- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
All posts tagged "Winnebago County News"
Former Winnebago County sergeant enters race for sheriff
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer A retired veteran of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department plans to enter the race to succeed retiring Sheriff Dick Meyers (D) in the March 18 Democratic primary. Jeff S. Schroeder, who spent...
- Posted November 12, 2013
Winnebago County Treasurer’s Office open until 7 p.m., Friday, Sept. 2
Staff Report Winnebago County Treasurer Susan Goral’s office will be open Friday, Sept. 2, from 7:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. to receive second installment payments of real estate property taxes, due on that date. Although the Treasurer’s...
- Posted August 31, 2011
Photos: Food, fun and games at Winnebago County Fair
From the Aug. 24-30, 2011, issue
- Posted August 24, 2011
Notice: Last chance to protest industrial wind turbines in Winnebago County
Editor’s note: This Legal Notice is published gratis by The Rock River Times and is presented as public service announcement. LEGAL NOTICE You are hereby notified that the Zoning Board of Appeals of Winnebago County, Illinois will...
- Posted August 10, 2011
Hold on deputy layoffs and addition to narcotics
Staff Report The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office has been working with the County Board chairman over the past several months to increase its commitment to narcotics enforcement by adding four officers to the existing drug unit. Budget...
- Posted March 30, 2011
Annual Lincoln Day Dinner set for March 18
• Celebrating 100 years of Ronald Reagan From press release Friday, March 18, Republicans from the northern Illinois region will gather at the Clock Tower Resort and Convention Center, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, for a 6...
- Posted March 16, 2011
Tuskegee Airmen visit Memorial Hall
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue
- Posted March 2, 2011
Winnebago County opens new health facility Monday, Feb. 7
From press release Monday, Feb. 7, Winnebago County and the Health Department will jointly open a new service location at 555 N. Court St., Rockford. This is a result of consolidating three separate Health Department service locations...
- Posted February 2, 2011
First Buy Local meeting RAWKS
By Frank Schier Editor & Publisher The “kick-off” meeting of the new Super Bowl of area economics—the “Buy Local” movement scored countless points with everyone there. We rawked at Rawkspace. More than 60 people attended the first...
- Posted January 26, 2011
Former Winnebago County Animal Services employee ordered to pay restitution
By Susan Johnson Copy Editor Gloria Ohman-Knox, a former employee of Winnebago County Animal Services, who had been charged with nine felony counts for embezzling $10,000 from the county facility, has been ordered to pay restitution. At...
- Posted January 26, 2011