ROCKFORD – The daily COVID-19 death toll continued to decline Monday as 50 coronavirus-related fatalities were reported by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Monday’s deaths include 34 fatalities in Cook County, and the death of a Boone County woman in her 90s.
Officials also announced 1,980 new cases of COVID-19. The department of health is now reporting 45,883 cases and 1,983 deaths in 96 of Illinois’ 102 counties. The state’s number of cases includes those who tested positive for coronavirus and those who were presumed infected based on their symptoms.
Other deaths reported Monday:
- Champaign County: one woman in her 60s;
- DuPage County: one man in his 60s, one man in his 70s;
- Jasper County: one woman in her 80s;
- Jefferson County: one woman in her 80s, one man in his 80s, one man in his 80s, and a woman in her 90s;
- Madison County: one woman in her 60s;
- Rock Island County: one man in his 50s, one man in his 70s;
- Sangamon County: two men in their 80s;
- Will County: one man in his 50s, one man in his 70s, and a woman in her 80s.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories across Illinois have processed 12,676 specimens for a total of 227,628 tests.