- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Mr. Green Car
More Mr. Green Car
Mr. Green Car: Bits and pieces: Safety, diesel, weight and winter driving
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer This week, I don’t have one big topic to...
- Posted November 13, 2013
Mr. Green Car: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek: Comfortable and affordable
By Allen Penticoff Freelance Writer Regular readers of this column may note that I...
- Posted October 30, 2013
Mr. Green Car: General Motors’ green policy
By Allen Penticoff Freelance Writer When I recently tested the diminutive Chevy Spark, I...
- Posted October 16, 2013
Mr. Green Car: Tiny Chevy Spark a true ‘city car’
By Allen Penticoff Freelance Writer Mr. Green Car is back with another small-car test/review....
- Posted October 2, 2013
Mr. Green Car: Electric shock drowning — the bad combination of water and electricity
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer I write about all sorts of transportation-related issues, most...
- Posted August 28, 2013
Mr. Green Car: Natural gas power in Rockford
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer It has been several years since I test-drove a...
- Posted August 14, 2013
Mr. Green Car: Kia Optima Hybrid offers luxury in the low $30,000s
By Allen Penticoff Free-lance Writer I’m back from a little hiatus of writing car...
- Posted July 31, 2013