- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
More Nation & World
Newt Gingrich gains steam in GOP race as Mitt Romney, Rick Perry continue to feud
By Brandon Reid Assistant Editor Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich seems to...
- Posted October 19, 2011
NBC/WSJ poll: Herman Cain tops GOP field, federal government not working and country headed in wrong direction
By Brandon Reid Assistant Editor Herman Cain, whose “9-9-9” plan to overhaul the current...
- Posted October 13, 2011
Report finds dangerous smog levels in Chicago, St. Louis areas
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Environment Illinois released a new report Sept. 22 finding...
- Posted September 23, 2011
Tyson Fresh Meats to pay $2.25 million to settle sex discrimination cases with U.S. Labor Department
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal...
- Posted September 20, 2011
Each Illinois wind job costs taxpayers $8 million
By Carolyn K. Gerwin A study of enterprise zone reports obtained from the Illinois...
- Posted September 7, 2011
Obama administration fails to update air quality standards
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Sept. 2, the Barack Obama administration announced it will...
- Posted September 5, 2011
U.S. Labor Department proposes updates to child labor regulations to improve safety of young ag workers
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Department of Labor is proposing revisions...
- Posted September 2, 2011
$4.3 million spent on U.S. Postal Service employees who did nothing, according to audit
Online Staff Report The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) spent $4.3 million on employees who...
- Posted August 29, 2011
Poll shows Americans believe country doing badly, economy getting worse and debt-limit bill ‘benefits the rich’
Online Staff Report A CNN poll released Aug. 8 showed 75 percent believe the...
- Posted August 8, 2011
Manzullo: Bill to end debt crisis ‘far from perfect,’ but will cut spending, strengthen economy
Online Staff Report WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo, R-16, voted Aug. 1...
- Posted August 2, 2011