Rockford's Independent Newspaper

E-cigarette explodes in woman’s face

By Jim Hagerty

MACHESNEY PARK — A woman was hospitalized earlier this week when an e-cigarette exploded in her face at a local store.

Officials say a rescue crew from the North Park Fire Department was dispatched to The Vapor Shop, 631 Harlem Road, Monday afternoon and discovered the woman suffered facial injuries. She was transported to Mercyhealth Hospital and is expected to recover.

The explosion also caused a small fire that was distinguished by the store owner. R.

404 Not Found

404 Not Found