ROCKFORD -Auburn junior Ali Cushing and Guilford sophomore Ella Gasparini were the Rockford School District stars in this past weekend’s NIC-10 girls swim meet.
Cushing won the 200-yard individual medley for the second straight year. She also teamed up with Ursula Koch, Lydia Przytulski and Sydney Turner to win the 200-yard medley relay.
Cushing also finished second in the 100-yard freestyle and was a member of the 200-yard free team that finished third.
Cushing’s efforts powered Auburn to fourth place overall.
Guilford finished third in the meet. Gasparini led the way with a first place in the 100-yard breaststroke. Last year, the sophomore recorded two second place finishes. Gasparini also was on the 400-yard freestyle relay team – along with Sophia Durbin, Olivia Conklin and Mikayla Durkin – that finished third.
All of the District 205 swimmers that finished in the top three Saturday are listed below.
- Diving, 1. Jaden Greenlee, Guilford
- 200 yard medley relay: 1. Auburn (Ursula Koch, Lydia Przytulski, Ali Cushing, Sydney Turner)
- 200 yard freestyle: 2. Ursula Koch, Auburn
- 200 individual medley: 1. Ali Cushing, Auburn
- 100 yard freestyle: 2. Ali Cushing, Auburn
- 500 yard freestyle: 2. Ursula Koch, Auburn
- 200 yard free relay: 3. Auburn (Ali Cushing, Lydia Przytulski, Sydney Turner, Ursula Koch)
- 100 yard breast: 1. Ella Gasparini, Guilford
- 2. Lydia Przytulski, Auburn
- 400 yard free relay: 3. Guilford (Sophia Durbin, Olivia Conklin, Ella Gasparini, Mikayla Durkin)