- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Voices from the Grave
By Kathi Kresol Contributor Sometimes history appears in the strangest places. Most people know that Sinnissippi...
By Kathi Kresol Contributor Rockford has reported ghost stories for many years now including a news...
By Kathi Kresol Many people in Rockford wondered if John Germano had some premonition on the...
More Voices from the Grave
Voices from the Grave: The Witch of McGregor Road
By Kathi Kresol Contributor This story has been around for years, some people say...
- Posted June 17, 2015
Voices from the Grave: POW camps final stop for many
By Kathi Kresol Contributor The Camp Sumter Military Prison at Andersonville, Georgia was of...
- Posted May 20, 2015
Voices from the Grave: Cedar Bluff holds plenty of Rockford history
By Kathi Kresol Cedar Bluff Cemetery is located on the city’s east side at...
- Posted May 5, 2015
Voices from the Grave: Samuel Rotolo
By Kathi Kresol Columnist Sam Rotolo probably never knew what hit him. Sam was...
- Posted April 8, 2015
Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
By Kathi Kresol Columnist “The best woman in Winnebago County died last night.” These...
- Posted March 25, 2015
Voices from the Grave: Rathskeller’s storied past not to be missed
By Kathi Kersol Local Historian, Haunted Rockford Paranormal events The Der Rathskeller Restaurant on...
- Posted March 12, 2015
Paranormal past pervades Ethnic Heritage Museum
By Kathi Kresol Local historian, paranormal investigator and operator of Haunted Rockford Paranormal Events...
- Posted February 11, 2015