RPS 205 announces graduation, prom dates
ROCKFORD – Rockford Public School District 205 has announced its plans for prom, graduation and end-of-the-year activities.
- Roosevelt: Friday, May 29, 4 p.m.
- Auburn: Monday, June 1, 4 p.m.
- Jefferson: Monday, June 1, 5 p.m.
- East: Tuesday, June 2, 4 p.m.
- Guilford: Tuesday, June 2, 5 p.m.
The ceremonies will also air on WREX.
Graduates will pick up their diplomas at their school on the following dates after the virtual ceremonies.
- Monday, June 1: Roosevelt
- Tuesday, June 2: Auburn & Jefferson
- Wednesday, June 3: East & Guilford
“This is an unpredictable time,” Superintendent Ehren Jarrett and Deputy Superintendent Matt Vosberg said in a joint letter. “We don’t know yet whether the Governor’s restrictions will allow large group gatherings anytime soon. If restrictions are lifted, each high school will host an event later this summer for graduates to gather at school in their cap and gown to take pictures. This would be in addition to the virtual ceremony.”
Each high school’s proms have been tentatively rescheduled as well.
- Jefferson: July 11 at Tebala Event Center
- East: July 24 at Klehm Arboretum
- Auburn: July 25 at Cliffbreakers
- Guilford: July 31 at Forest Hills Country Club
“These plans could change,” Jarrett and Matt Vosberg said. “A decision to reschedule or cancel prom will hinge on what type of gatherings are allowed by the governor’s office, Illinois Department of Public Health and Winnebago County Health Department. Unfortunately, there’s no good virtual option for prom. We will continue to share more information when we have it.”