City announces Stroll on State travel advisories
ROCKFORD – The City of Rockford has issued travel and parking information in advance of the Dasher Dash and Stroll on State, two downtown events happening Saturday, Nov. 30.
Citizens are reminded to heed the following advisories to help improve the flow of those attending the events as well as patrons of Small Business Saturday.
- All roadways within the Stroll on State footprint will be closed by 6 a.m., Saturday. The events are bordered by Jefferson Street to the north; Church Street to the west; Chestnut/Walnut Street to the
south; and Sixth Street to the east.
- If traveling west, you will be asked to follow Jefferson St. across the river. If traveling east, please use Chestnut/Walnut Street.
- Parking is available in the many municipal surface lots, as well as in the parking decks for shoppers visiting the local shops and businesses downtown within the footprint on Small Business Saturday, the Rockford Icehogs game, and the concert at the Coronado Theater.
- Main St. from Cedar St. north to Chestnut will be closed at noon for the Stroll parade staging; those using Illinois Route 2 north will be detoured at Cedar Street.
- Third Street northbound (IL 251) will be reduced to 2 lanes from Walnut Street north to Jefferson
Street from noon to 5 p.m.
- Event parking rates of $5 will be in effect at the Main St rest North Parking Deck across from the Coronado Theater and also at the Church Street South Parking Deck adjacent to BMO Harris Bank Center. Parking is restricted to the general public at the State & Main Main Deck and the Elm and Wyman Deck.
- Patrons are urged to use the available Stroll on State shuttle services.